About LastPass Credit Monitoring
LastPass Credit Monitoring alerts are designed to continuously monitor your credit report to detect any possible errors or warning signs of identity theft. With the service proactively monitoring your credit report, you can better safeguard your personal identity.
Limitations and restrictions
- LastPass Credit Monitoring is not available to LastPass Free users.
- The LastPass Credit Monitoring service is included with all paid subscription plans for LastPass – See LastPass Plans & Pricing
- Both the LastPass Credit Monitoring & LastPass Premium Credit Monitoring services are only available for addresses in the United States.
How does LastPass Credit Monitoring work?
- Enable LastPass Credit Monitoring alerts (see instructions)
- If there have been additions, deletions, or changes to your credit report, you will receive a notification (issued by TransUnion)
- Cross-check the alert with your recent actions that would affect your credit report (did you open a new credit card or take out a loan?).
- If you cannot account for the change, use your free annual credit report, validated by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Your credit alerts will contain limited information, so your free annual credit report should help you understand what has been added or changed in your credit report.
Note: If you want more timely information or help in resolution, consider purchasing the LastPass Premium Credit Monitoring add-on service.
Why should I use it?
- Unexpected changes to your credit report or errors in your records can serve to be a critical warning sign that your identity may have been, or will soon be, compromised.
- Proactive, regular, round-the-clock notifications of changes to your credit will help you better protect your identity and your financial security against identity theft and credit error.
- LastPass will monitor your credit and provide timely notifications if we detect any changes that could be a sign of trouble.
- Keeping watch over your credit rating should now be part of your personal security regimen. But keeping a vigilant, non-stop watch over one’s credit rating is expensive and time-intensive, and only checking your free annual credit report (validated by the Federal Trade Commission, or FTC), makes it likely you won’t catch inconsistencies or fraud until after it has become a much bigger problem.
- Monitoring your credit with LastPass Credit Monitoring alerts is safe and does not affect your credit score.
- There are no strings attached – you are not required to upgrade to LastPass Premium Credit Monitoring service at any time.
- LastPass does not ask for your credit card information unless you choose to purchase the LastPass Premium Credit Monitoring service.
- Can be used as a way to determine when to get your free annual credit report (validated by the FTC), or simply as a way to receive more free, round-the-clock information than is normally available to end-consumers.
- Identity theft, credit monitoring, and credit reports are complicated topics, and we are fully committed to helping our users stay away from bad business practices in the industry. Our LastPass Credit Monitoring alerts are intended as a valuable resource to help our users more proactively monitor and protect their data, identity, and finances.