How do I add a new Note?
You can add non-password information in your vault to store your notes in a secure way.
- Add your Note in one of the following ways:
- Using the web browser extension – Click the active LastPass icon > Add item > Secure note.
- From within your vault – Click Notes in the navigation pane, then click the Add Item icon .
- Fill in all of the information you want to store. You can also:
Note: Each Note can contain up to 45,000 characters max.
- Select a folder to store your Note in
- Click Advanced Settings and enable the checkbox for the Require a Password Reprompt option
- Click Add Attachment to add file(s) to this Note (learn more here)
- Click the Favorite icon to set this Note as a Favorite
- Click Save.
About adding attachments to Notes
- Must be a supported file type: "avi", "csv", "doc", "docx", "gif", "htm", "html", "jpeg", "jpg", "key", "log", "m4a", "mov", "mpg", "odt", "pdf", "png", "ppt", "pptx", "rar", "rtf", "tif", "tiff", "tsv", "txt", "wav", "wmv", "xls", "xlsx", "zip"
- Each attachment file can be up to 10 MB in size, and your total storage limits are dependent on your account type (i.e., Free users have up to 50 MB whereas Premium, Families, Teams, and LastPass Business accounts have up to 1 GB).
- Attachments cannot be opened from the online vault in a web browser (i.e., logging in to https://www.lastpass.com). You can only download attachments by logging in using the LastPass browser extension, desktop app, or mobile app.
- If changes are made to an attachment, the updated version of the file must be uploaded as a new attachment.