Aha! App Integration
Set up an Aha! app integration so that your users can sign into this app using the same credentials that they use for LastPass.
Part 1 - Add the SSO app to LastPass
- Log in and access the LastPass new Admin Console by doing either of the following:
- While logged in to LastPass, click the active LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar, then select Admin Console in the menu.
- Log in at https://admin.lastpass.com with your admin email address and master password.
- Go to .
- Select Add app in the upper-right navigation (or Search the catalog if you're adding your first app).
- Search for and select your app from the catalog (or Add an unlisted app if you can't find your app).
- Click Continue, and you are taken to the Set up LastPass section of the app configuration.
Fastpath: LastPass automatically fills out all required information in the Set up app section for you. Some apps allow you to upload settings in an XML file, while others require you to copy and paste the following information:
Name in LastPass Value Entity ID
Certificate fingerprint Provided in the Set up app section of the SSO app. If needed, download the LastPass certificate in PEM, DER, or Download metadata (XML) format. Certificate fingerprint (SHA256) Certificate (PEM)
- For the next steps, open a new web browser window or tab. Go to the app's settings to enable single sign-on, and make sure your app recognizes LastPass as the Identity Provider.
Part 2 - Configure the app in Aha!
- Log in to your Aha! admin portal using your custom domain (for example, https://yourworkdomain.aha.io/).
- Select in the left navigation.
- Confirm that your custom domain is listed in the Custom domain field.
- From the left navigation, select Security and Single Sign-on.
- For the Identity provider setting, select SAML 2.0.
- For the Configure using setting, select Metadata file, then upload the LastPass Metadata XML file you downloaded in Part 1.
- Click Enable to save changes.
- Copy the SAML Consumer URL and SAML Entity ID values and paste into a text editor.
Remember: You will be using these values in later steps.
Part 3 - Finalize the Aha! SSO app configuration in LastPass
- Return to the LastPass new Admin Console.
- Back on the Configure app page in the LastPass Admin Console (from Part 1), select Set up LastPass.
- In the ACS field, paste the SAML Consumer URL value (copied from Part 2).
- Optional: Enable Step-up authentication if you want to require users to confirm their identity using the LastPass Authenticator app upon each login to this SSO app.
Remember: Passwordless login for SSO apps only supports authentication using stored biometrics (face or fingerprint) via push notification in the LastPass Authenticator app.
- Select Advanced settings.
- For the Entity ID field, paste the SAML entity ID value (copied from Part 2).
Note: This is the metadata URL of the Service Provider (also known as the Issuer ID or App ID), which is a unique identifier for the SSO app you're adding.
- Optional: If desired, add any of the following additional customizations:
Name in LastPass Description/Value Nickname The name of the app how it appears in the Admin Console (and Cloud Apps, if your users have a LastPass password management vault) Role Custom role that you created to organize users and the permissions assigned to them Identity Provider (LastPass)
Relay State URL to which the service provider redirects the user after processing the SAML response Identifier These settings will depend on the app you're configuring – please refer to the SSO app's documentation, then select one of the following:
- Email (default)
- Secondary Email
- User ID
SAML signature method Select one of the following, based on your desired encryption key length:
- SHA1 (uses 160-bit hash)
- SHA256 (uses 256-bit hash)
Signing and encryption Make your desired selections from the following:
- Sign assertion
- Encrypt assertion
- Sign request
- Sign response
Upload partner certificate Select the partner certificate you saved locally (if applicable) Custom attributes To add more custom attributes, select Add SAML attribute and choose from the following options:
Tip: You can define custom attribute statements when creating a new SAML integration, or modifying an existing one. These statements are inserted into the SAML assertions shared with your app.
- Secondary Email
- User ID
- Custom (associated with the SSO app)
- Click to begin making your selections.
- Search for and select your desired users, groups, and/or roles, then click Assign.
- Click .
Result: Setup for your SSO app is complete! The LastPass users you assigned to this SSO app can now use their LastPass account to sign in to this SSO app going forward.