How do I detach a managed company so it can be managed independently?
If a company wants to take over ownership of their account, you can permanently remove the company from your managed company list and convert it to an independent LastPass Business trial account.
Important: The company must have at least one local LastPass admin who will then become the new owner of the account.
Access the managed company.
- Log in to the primary account's LastPass Admin Console by doing either of the following:
- Select the active .
- Navigate to the new Admin Console at https://admin.lastpass.com/ and log in with your LastPass admin (MSP technician) email address and master password.
- On the Home tab, select Managed companies in the left navigation.
- Select the name of the company you want to detach.
Detach the managed company.
- Select the .
- Enable the I understand. Permanently and irreversibly detach this managed company setting, then select Detach .
- Select the new administrator (who will become the new owner of the account), then select Confirm.
Results: You have detached your managed company and converted it to a LastPass Business trial account with a newly assigned LastPass admin.