ClearSlide App Integration
Set up an app integration so that your user can sign into this app using the same credentials that they use for LastPass.
Part 1 - Add the SSO app to LastPass
- Log in and access the LastPass new Admin Console by doing either of the following:
- While logged in to LastPass, click the active LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar, then select Admin Console in the menu.
- Log in at https://admin.lastpass.com with your admin email address and master password.
- Go to .
- Select Add app in the upper-right navigation (or Search the catalog if you're adding your first app).
- Search for and select your app from the catalog (or Add an unlisted app if you can't find your app).
- Click Continue, and you are taken to the Set up LastPass section of the app configuration. Fastpath: LastPass automatically fills out all required information in the Set up app section for you. Some apps allow you to upload settings in an XML file, while others require you to copy and paste the following information:
Name in LastPass Value Entity ID
Certificate fingerprint Provided in the Set up app section of the SSO app. If needed, download the LastPass certificate in PEM, DER, or Download metadata (XML) format. Certificate fingerprint (SHA256) Certificate (PEM)
- For the next steps, open a new web browser window or tab. Go to the app's settings to enable single sign-on, and make sure your app recognizes LastPass as the Identity Provider.
Part 2 - App Configuration
- Open a new tab on your browser and log into your ClearSlide domain.
- Click on your user on the right side, and select My Account from the drop-down menu.
- On the next page, please select Single Sign-on Settings from the left side menu.
- Please set up the configuration as follows:
- Single Sign-on Provider: select SAML 2.0 Provider from the list
- Custom Login URL: make sure to setup a custom URL (see example in the screenshot below)
- Single Sign-Out URL: Logout URL copied from LastPass Dashboard
- SAML Provider Endpoint: Endpoint URL copied from LastPass
- SAML Provider Entity ID: Entity ID copied from LastPass
- Certificate: Please open the file you downloaded in step 3 using a text editor, copy its contents, and paste into this text area
- Save changes.
- Copy the SAML Consumer URL, as shown below:
Part 3 - Finalize the ClearSlide SSO App Configuration
- Return to the LastPass new Admin Console.
- Back on the Configure app page in the LastPass Admin Console (from Part 1), select Set up LastPass.
- LastPass needs to know the app’s URI to the Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) to be able to authenticate users. This is provided by your SSO app.
- The URL to which LastPass sends authentication assertions after authenticating a user. It may also be known as Post-Back URL, Reply URL, Single Sign-On URL, or Service Provider URL.
- Step-up authentication (passwordless login)
Enable this setting if you want to require users to confirm their identity using the
LastPass Authenticator app upon each login to this SSO app.
Remember: Passwordless login for SSO apps only supports authentication using stored biometrics (face or fingerprint) via push notification in the LastPass Authenticator app.
- Optional: If desired, select Advanced settings to add any of the following additional customizations:
Name in LastPass Description/Value Entity ID This is the Metadata URL of the Service Provider (also known as the Issuer ID or App ID for your app) Nickname The name of the app how it appears in the Admin Console (and Cloud Apps, if your users have a LastPass password management vault) Role Custom role that you created to organize users and the permissions assigned to them Identity Provider (LastPass) This is the URL of the identity provider, which is LastPass:
Relay State URL to which the service provider redirects the user after processing the SAML response Identifier These settings will depend on the app you're configuring – please refer to the SSO app's documentation, then select one of the following:
- Email (default)
- Secondary Email
- User ID
SAML signature method SHA256 (uses 256-bit hash) Signing and encryption Make your desired selections from the following:
- Sign assertion
- Encrypt assertion
- Sign request
- Sign response
Upload partner certificate Select the partner certificate you saved locally (if applicable) Custom attributes To add more custom attributes, select Add SAML attribute and choose from the following options:
Tip: You can define custom attribute statements when creating a new SAML integration, or modifying an existing one. These statements are inserted into the SAML assertions shared with your app.
- Secondary Email
- User ID
- Custom (associated with the SSO app)
- Click to begin making your selections.
- Search for and select your desired users, groups, and/or roles, then click Assign.
- Click .
Result: Setup for your SSO app is complete! The LastPass users you assigned to this SSO app can now use their LastPass account to sign in to this SSO app going forward.