How do I edit or delete a Note?
Once you added a note, you can go back and edit it, add attachments to it, share it with other users, or delete it.
- Locate the Note you'd like to update, then click Edit.
- Make your desired changes. You can also:
- Select a folder to store your Note in
- Click Advanced Settings and enable the checkbox for the Require a Password Reprompt option
- Click Add Attachment to add file(s) to this Note (learn more here)
- Click the Favorite icon to mark this Note as a Favorite
- Click the Share icon , then enter the email address of your recipient, and click Share (learn more here)
- Click the Delete icon to remove the Note completely
- Click the Note History icon , then click Show to view all changes made to the Note (learn more here)
- Click Save (if applicable).
About adding attachments to Notes
- Must be a supported file type: "avi", "csv", "doc", "docx", "gif", "htm", "html", "jpeg", "jpg", "key", "log", "m4a", "mov", "mpg", "odt", "pdf", "png", "ppt", "pptx", "rar", "rtf", "tif", "tiff", "tsv", "txt", "wav", "wmv", "xls", "xlsx", "zip"
- Each attachment file can be up to 10 MB in size, and your total storage limits are dependent on your account type (i.e., Free users have up to 50 MB whereas Premium, Families, Teams, and LastPass Business accounts have up to 1 GB).
- Attachments cannot be opened from the online vault in a web browser (i.e., logging in to https://www.lastpass.com). You can only download attachments by logging in using the LastPass browser extension, desktop app, or mobile app.
- If changes are made to an attachment, the updated version of the file must be uploaded as a new attachment.