How do I accept an emergency access invitation?
Once the LastPass account owner has designated and invited a LastPass user to be an emergency access user, that user must accept the invitation if they want to request vault access from the LastPass account owner immediately or in the future.
Accept the invitation via email by checking your inbox and click the Accept Invite link in your invitation email to become an emergency access user.
If you can't access the emergency access invitation email, you can accept the invitation in your LastPass vault as follows:
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Emergency Access in the left navigation.
- Select the People Who Trust Me tab.
- Locate the pending entry for the LastPass account owner that invited you as an emergency access user. The wait time they specified is located in the right navigation.
Note: In the image above, the designated Wait Time is 3 hours. This means that once you (the emergency access user) requests emergency access, the LastPass account owner has up to 3 hours to deny your request, otherwise vault access will be granted.
- Hover over the entry and click Accept.