Add MFA Apps for LastPass users
LastPass admins can set up MFA apps in the new Admin Console to protect their endpoints with multifactor authentication via the LastPass Authenticator app, including workstations, VPNs, and external identity providers such as AD FS and Azure AD.
Note: This feature requires an account with the LastPass Business + Advanced MFA add-on. How do I upgrade my LastPass Business account with an add-on?
- Log in with your email address and master password to access the new Admin Console at https://admin.lastpass.com.
- If prompted, complete steps for multifactor authentication (if it is enabled for your account).
- Go to .
- If you have not previously added MFA apps, click Get started. Otherwise, click Add app in the upper-right navigation.
- In the Set up integration window, choose from the following options:
Note: Windows Server 2016 and 2019 is supported when setting up LastPass MFA for Windows workstations (Workstation MFA) or Microsoft AD FS.
- Windows workstations
- macOs workstations
- Microsoft Azure AD
- Microsoft AD FS
- Universal Proxy (LDAP, RADIUS)
- In the Name field, add a name to the chosen application.
- Click Save and continue.
- Save your Key and Secret.
Warning: These two values will be required in configuring your selected MFA app and/or upgrading to new versions in the future. If you do not save the integration secret, you will need to restart the setup process to generate a new integration key and integration secret.
- Optional: In Advanced settings, select the Username attribute that contains the username that your users currently use to sign in (e.g., SAMaccountname). The attribute values in this list are pre-populated by the LastPass Active Directory Connector.
The available attribute values are:
- email (lastpass account name)
- Click Finish.
Results: You have added your selected MFA app in the new Admin Console.
What to do next: Finish the setup for the MFA app you have added by following the applicable app instructions:
- Windows workstations – See setup instructions.
- macOs workstations – See setup instructions.
- Microsoft Azure AD – See setup instructions.
- Microsoft AD FS – See setup instructions.
- Universal Proxy (LDAP, RADIUS) – See setup instructions.