Add SSO apps for LastPass users
App integrations (that is, SSO applications) are common online tools used within your company for which a LastPass admin has set up a single sign-on integration. This allows you to sign in to those apps using the same credentials that you use for LastPass.
- SSO apps
- Apps are the site entries stored in a LastPass user's vault and accessed by that user for which a LastPass admin has set up single sign-on.
- You can sign in to your SSO app and launch any of your web applications without re-entering your credentials.
Add the SSO app to LastPass
- Log in with your email address and master password to access the new Admin Console at https://admin.lastpass.com.
- If prompted, complete steps for multifactor authentication (if it is enabled for your account).
- Go to .
- Select Add app in the upper-right navigation (or Search the catalog if you're adding your first app).
- Search for and select your app from the catalog (or Add an unlisted app if you can't find your app).
Tip: Browse a list of our SSO app integrations, or if your SSO app is not listed you can add it manually by selecting Add an unlisted app.
- Click Continue, and you are taken to the Set up LastPass section of the app configuration.
Fastpath: LastPass automatically fills out all required information in the Set up app section for you.
Configure the app
|Name in LastPass||Value|
|Certificate fingerprint||Provided in the Set up app section of the SSO app. If needed, download the LastPass certificate in PEM, DER, or Download metadata (XML) format.|
|Certificate fingerprint (SHA256)|
Set up LastPass
- LastPass needs to know the app’s URI to the Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) to be able to authenticate users. This is provided by your SSO app.
- The URL to which LastPass sends authentication assertions after authenticating a user. It may also be known as Post-Back URL, Reply URL, Single Sign-On URL, or Service Provider URL.
- Step-up authentication (passwordless login)
Enable this setting if you want to require users to confirm their identity using the
LastPass Authenticator app upon each login to this SSO app.
Remember: Passwordless login for SSO apps only supports authentication using stored biometrics (face or fingerprint) via push notification in the LastPass Authenticator app.
- Select Advanced settings.
Assign test users to your app
- In the Assign a test user window, select your preferred user(s) as test user(s):
Tip: We recommend assigning your own user as a test user.
- Select Assign my user to assign your user as a test user.
- Select Assign other users & groups to select specific Users, Groups or Roles to assign.
- Select Save & continue.
- Select Finish.
Test logging in to your app
- In the Test login window, select Open <your app> to open your app's URI configured in the ACS field in a new browser tab.
- Sign in to your app through SSO using your LastPass user.
- Go back to the LastPass admin page.
- Select one of the following options under Was the login successful?:
- Select Yes if the login was successful, then click Save & continue.
- Select No if the login was not successful, then click Restart configuration to restart the setup.
Assign users to your app
- Click to begin making your selections.
- Search for and select your desired users, groups, and/or roles, then click Assign.
- Click .
Result: Setup for your SSO app is complete! The LastPass users you assigned to this SSO app can now use their LastPass account to sign in to this SSO app going forward.