How do I add SSO apps for LastPass users?
App integrations (that is, SSO applications) are common online tools used within your company for which a LastPass admin has set up a single sign-on integration. This allows you to sign in to those apps using the same credentials that you use for LastPass.
- SSO apps
- Apps are the site entries stored in a LastPass user's vault and accessed by that user for which a LastPass admin has set up single sign-on.
- You can sign in to your SSO app and launch any of your web applications without re-entering your credentials.
Add the SSO app to LastPass
- Log in with your email address and master password to access the new Admin Console at https://admin.lastpass.com.
- If prompted, complete steps for multifactor authentication (if it is enabled for your account).
- Go to .
- Select Add app in the upper-right navigation (or Add your first SSO app if you're adding your first app).
- Search for and select your app from the catalog (or Add an unlisted app if you can't find your app). Tip: Browse a list of our SSO app integrations, or if your SSO app is not listed you can add it manually by selecting Add an unlisted app.
- Click Continue, and you are taken to the Set up LastPass section of the app configuration. Fastpath: LastPass automatically fills out all required information in the Set up app section for you.
Configure the app
|Name in LastPass||Value|
|Certificate fingerprint||Provided in the Set up app section of the SSO app. If needed, download the LastPass certificate in PEM, DER, or Download metadata (XML) format.|
|Certificate fingerprint (SHA256)|
Set up LastPass
- LastPass needs to know the app’s URI to the Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) to be able to authenticate users. This is provided by your SSO app.
- The URL to which LastPass sends authentication assertions after authenticating a user. It may also be known as Post-Back URL, Reply URL, Single Sign-On URL, or Service Provider URL.
- Step-up authentication
- Enable this setting if you want to force users to confirm their identity using the LastPass Authenticator app upon each login to this SSO app (i.e., LastPass MFA).
- Optional: If desired, select Advanced settings to add any of the following additional customizations:
Name in LastPass Description/Value Entity ID This is the Metadata URL of the Service Provider (also known as the Issuer ID or App ID for your app) Nickname The name of the app how it appears in the Admin Console (and Cloud Apps, if your users have a LastPass password management vault) Role Custom role that you created to organize users and the permissions assigned to them Identity Provider (LastPass) This is the URL of the identity provider, which is LastPass:
Relay State URL to which the service provider redirects the user after processing the SAML response Identifier These settings will depend on the app you're configuring – please refer to the SSO app's documentation, then select one of the following:
- Email (default)
- Secondary Email
- User ID
SAML signature method Select one of the following, based on your desired encryption key length:
- SHA1 (uses 160-bit hash)
- SHA256 (uses 256-bit hash)
Signing and encryption Make your desired selections from the following:
- Sign assertion
- Encrypt assertion
- Sign request
- Sign response
Upload partner certificate Select the partner certificate you saved locally (if applicable) Custom attributes To add more custom attributes, select Add SAML attribute and choose from the following options:
Tip: You can define custom attribute statements when creating a new SAML integration, or modifying an existing one. These statements are inserted into the SAML assertions shared with your app.
- Secondary Email
- User ID
- Custom (associated with the SSO app)
Assign test users to your app
- In the Assign a test user window, select your preferred user(s) as test user(s):
Tip: We recommend assigning your own user as a test user.
- Select Assign my user to assign your user as a test user.
- Select Assign other users & groups to select specific Users, Groups or Roles to assign.
- Select Save & continue.
- Select Finish.
Assign users to your app
- Click to begin making your selections.
- Search for and select your desired users, groups, and/or roles, then click Assign.
- Click .
Result: Setup for your SSO app is complete! The LastPass users you assigned to this SSO app can now use their LastPass account to sign in to this SSO app going forward.