How do I check if I have set up SMS account recovery for LastPass?
You can set up SMS account recovery by adding a mobile number to your account to receive a verification text message that is used in the account recovery process in case you every forget your master password.
About this task: You can confirm if you have set up SMS account recovery in your LastPass account by doing the following:
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Vault or Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Select the General tab, then scroll to the "SMS Account Recovery" section to view the phone number, if there is one listed).
Results: You have confirmed whether a phone number has been set up for SMS account recovery for your LastPass account.
What to do next: If desired, choose from the following options:
- If there is a phone number listed and it's correct, no further action is needed.
- If the phone number that is listed needs to be updated, follow the steps to update it.
- If there is no phone number listed, you can set up SMS account recovery.