How do I clone a shared item (for editing)?
The recipient of a shared item cannot edit the shared item. If the recipient wants to make changes to a shared item, they must clone the item (creates a separate item entry) and make the changes locally within their vault.
Cloning an item can only be done from within your online vault, as follows:
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- If prompted, complete steps for multifactor authentication (if it is enabled for your account).
- Select Sharing Center in the left navigation.
- Select the Shared with Me tab.
- Click Accept for the shared item.
- Locate the item in your vault.
- Right-click on the entry you wish to clone, then select Clone. Note: You cannot clone multiple items.
- If desired, you can make changes to the site password or secure note entry, otherwise if no changes are made the entry will be an exact copy of the original.
- Click Save.