How do I create a shared folder?
Share password entries and secure notes with other LastPass users by creating a shared folder in the Sharing Center. Alternatively you can convert an existing folder to a shared folder as well.
If you are a LastPass admin of a LastPass Teams or LastPass Business account, please see How do I manage shared folders as a LastPass Business admin?
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Create a shared folder manually, or convert an existing folder into a shared folder by doing either of the following:
Action in LastPass Instructions Create a shared folder manually
- Select Sharing Center in the left navigation.
- Click the Manage Shared Folders tab.
- Click the Add Shared Folder icon .
- Enter a name for your shared folder, then click Create or Add.
Convert an existing folder to a shared folder
- Locate your existing folder in your vault.
- Right-click on the folder, then select Share.
- Enter a name for your newly converted shared folder, then click Create or Add.