Create a shared folder
Share password entries and secure notes with other LastPass users by creating a shared folder in the Sharing Center. Alternatively you can convert an existing folder to a shared folder as well.
If you are a LastPass admin of a LastPass Teams or LastPass Business account, please see Manage shared folders as a LastPass Business admin
Restriction: This feature is not available for LastPass Free or LastPass Premium accounts.
Restriction: If you have a LastPass Teams or LastPass Business account, the ability to perform these actions may be limited or prohibited due to policies enabled by your LastPass admin.
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Vault or Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Create a shared folder manually, or convert an existing folder into a shared folder by doing either of the following:
Action in LastPass Instructions Create a shared folder manually
- Select Sharing Center in the left navigation.
- Select the Manage Shared Folders tab.
- Select the Add Shared Folder icon .
- Enter a name for your shared folder, then select Create.
Convert an existing folder to a shared folder
- Locate your existing folder in your vault.
- Right-click on the folder, then select Share.
- Enter a name for your newly converted shared folder, then select Create.
Results: Your new shared folder now appears within the Manage Shared Folders tab in the Sharing Center, as well as within your vault view.
- What are shared folders?
- Edit users and access for a shared folder
- Invite users or groups to a shared folder
- Grant users or groups access permissions for shared folders
- Restrict user or group access for shared folders
- Remove users or groups from a shared folder
- Share folders with users outside my company account
- Move items to a shared folder
- Delete a shared folder