How do I disable offline access for multifactor authentication for LastPass?
You can disable access to your LastPass vault when you do not have an internet connection.
Restriction: If you have a LastPass Teams or LastPass Business account, the ability to perform these actions may be limited or prohibited due to policies enabled by your LastPass admin.
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Vault or Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Select the Multifactor Options tab.
- Locate your enabled multifactor authentication option, then select the Edit icon .
- For the "Permit Offline Access" field, use the drop-down menu and select Disallow.
- Select Update when finished.
- Enter your master password and select Continue.
- Click OK to confirm.
Results: You have disabled offline access and will no longer be able to access your LastPass vault when you have little to no internet connectivity.