How do I enable and use LastPass for autofill via the iOS Safari extension?
You can enable LastPass as your chosen autofill option in the Safari mobile browser extension, which is one of two available autofill integrations available for LastPass on iOS. This integration gives you the full desktop experience of LastPass all from the Safari mobile browser, allowing you to automatically fill login credentials and form fill data directly into websites launched in the Safari browser, as well as offer the ability to save credentials, generate secure passwords, edit vault items, and much more.
Enable LastPass for autofill in Safari extension
To get started, enable LastPass to be used for autofill in the Safari mobile browser extension.
- iOS device running iOS 15 or later
- LastPass app for iOS app installed and running v5.12.0 or later
- Log in to the LastPass app for iOS.
- Log in to the LastPass app for iOS app with your email address and master password.
- Enable LastPass in the iOS Safari extension.
- Open the Safari app.
- In the Safari browser address bar, tap in the left navigation to show Safari settings.
- Tap the Manage Extensions icon .
- Enable the LastPass setting.
- Allow permissions for LastPass to save and autofill.
- Tap LastPass: Free Password Manager in your Safari settings to access permissions.
- You are prompted for two sets of permissions that are required for LastPass to save and fill your login credentials. For optimal performance, we recommend only the following selections for each permission request:
Remember: These permissions are required for the iOS Safari extension to provide a consistent autofill experience via LastPass across all websites you visit. If you select different permissions, extension functionality will be limited.
- Always Allow (for your past and current browser history in Safari)
- Always Allow on Every Website (for all websites you visit now and in the future in Safari)
Use LastPass for autofill in Safari extension
Once enabled, you can use LastPass to automatically fill login credentials and form fill items in Safari.
- Open the Safari app and navigate your desired website's login screen.
- Your login credentials are autofilled for you. Tip: To select a different set of credentials, tap and select from the list displayed.
- If you have enabled Touch ID, Face ID, PIN, or Require master password Re-prompt enabled, you will be prompted to verify your login.