Assign users to Passwordless apps in the new Admin Console
Allow your users to use passwordless login (verifying their identity using stored biometrics via the LastPass Authenticator app) instead of entering their master password to access SSO apps and/or workstations (Passwordless apps).
Restriction: This feature might not be available for your account as this is a legacy feature.
Note: This feature requires an account with the LastPass Business + Advanced MFA add-on. How do I upgrade my LastPass Business account with an add-on?
Notice: If you want to allow your users to enable passwordless login to access their vaults, view Manage the passwordless login for vault policy
About this task: To allow passwordless login for accessing SSO apps and/or workstations, do the following:
- Log in with your email address and master password to access the new Admin Console at https://admin.lastpass.com.
- If prompted, complete steps for multifactor authentication (if it is enabled for your account).
- Go to .
Troubleshooting: If you have not set up passwordless login before, click .
- Select the tab of your desired Passwordless app and proceed with those instructions:
Passwordless app Instructions to assign users SSO apps
- Select .
- Choose one of the following options and assign users:
- All users – Click Save changes.
- Only these users/groups – Select Assign users & groups, select the users & groups you want to include for this policy, then select .
- All except these users/groups – Select Assign users & groups, select the users & groups you want to exclude from this policy, then select .
Workstation Login Choose from the following options:
Troubleshooting: If the users you want to assign to a Passwordless app already have an Invited, Active, or Locked status listed under the Passwordless Status column (under), select your desired user(s) and click Resend invitation for passwordless instead.Tip: If you have selected user(s) with conflicting Passwordless Statuses (i.e., a user with no status and another user with an Invited, Active, or Locked status), then the Resend invitation for passwordless option will not be displayed until you deselect the user(s) with no status.
Results: You have assigned your desired users & groups to your selected Passwordless app so they can use passwordless login when accessing the chosen app.
Note: If the users & groups you assign to the Passwordless app have not already set up passwordless login, they will be sent an activation email to get started.
What to do next: See your end user's experience for activation at How do I activate passwordless login for SSO apps and workstations?