How do I enable the "Permit super admins to reset master passwords" policy?
Enabling the "Permit super admins to reset master passwords" policy will authorize super admins to reset a user's master password.
In the new Admin Console
- Log in with your email address and master password to access the new Admin Console at https://admin.lastpass.com.
- If prompted, complete steps for multifactor authentication (if it is enabled for your account).
- Go to .
Result: Users assigned to the Super Admin level are displayed.
- Select Assign users.
- Select your desired user(s) then select Assign users.
In the old Admin Console
- Log in and access the old Admin Console at https://lastpass.com/company/#!/dashboard.
- Go to .
- Click Edit Users, then add all admins to the list that you want to designate as super admins that can reset master password for users. Note: All users you add to this list must be account administrators in order to be added.
- If desired, enter information in the Notes section about this policy.
- Click Save when finished.