How do I generate a secure password in the LastPass app for Android?
Using the mobile app for Android, you can generate a new, strong password.
About this task: You can configure the length of the password (up to 128 characters max), and the following additional options:
- Allow all character types, including capital letters, lower-case letters, special characters, numbers, and/or configure a minimum requirement of numbers.
- Make the password pronounceable, including capital letters and lower-case letters.
- Avoid ambiguous characters, which will prevent the use of similar looking characters (for example, O and 0, 1 and l, etc.).
- Tap the Vault Menu icon in the upper-left of the screen, then select .
- Tap Generate a password.
- Set the password length (the default length is 16 characters).
- Select Settings to set additional options (for example, allow all character types, make the password pronounceable, etc.).
- Additionally, you can:
- Copy to copy the new password to your clipboard
- Generate New to create a new secure password
- Tap Save to add the generated password for a specific URL and username.
Results: You have generated a secure password using LastPass.