How do I grant users or groups access permissions for shared folders?
Once you have assigned your user and group memberships to your shared folder, you can grant access permissions for each.
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Sharing Center in the left navigation.
- Hover over your desired shared folder and click Manage.
- Choose from the following permissions for each user:
- Read Only
- Prohibits the user or group from adding/removing items to/from a shared folder. It also prevents them from saving any updated username, password or Secure Note information to the folder. However, we cannot block the update from transpiring at the Site level. This option could, therefore, result in a lockout by the rest of the team
Tip: It is our recommendation that you articulate a "no update" policy outside of LastPass and that you do not select "Read Only" as the permission option. If the user still updates the credentials, then the change will save back to LastPass, and the event will be captured in the reports so that you are able to track it back to the owner.
- Grants the user equal admin rights over the shared folder, including adding and removing users and restricting access to individual site passwords in the folder. Please note that a shared folder admin is not the same role as a LastPass admin. Learn more about the shared folder options available to LastPass admins.
- Hide Passwords
Prohibits the user from seeing the credentials. They will be able to utilize the tools via Autofill or Autologin, but they will be unable to see the actual credentials.
Learn more about hidden passwords.
Note: Notes do not offer the ability to hide the password from the recipient of a shared item.
- No access
- Users do not have access to any items in this shared folder.
Note: This option is only available for LastPass Families accounts.
- Once you have made your desired selections, click Save.