How do I import passwords from KeePass into LastPass?
You can import all of your KeePass passwords (exported as an XML only) directly into your LastPass vault.
- Log in to LastPass and access the Import page by doing either of the following:
Login method Instructions LastPass browser extension
- Select in your web browser toolbar, then enter your email address and master password and select Log In.
- Select then go to .
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and enter your email address and master password, then click Log In.
- Select in the left navigation.
Your vault displays the Step 1/3. Where are your passwords now? page.
- Select KeePass.
Your vault displays the Step 2/3. Export & upload page.
- Under Upload the exported file to LastPass, choose from the following:
- Drag and drop the XML file exported from KeePass.
- Select browse your computer. Browse for the KeePass export file on your computer, select it and click Open.
Your vault displays the items found in the KeePass export file.
Troubleshooting: If incomplete items are detected (entries are missing a username, password, and/or URL), select next to the affected item (under the Data Status column), then enter the missing information and select Save.
- By default, all items are selected for import. If desired, make the following changes:
- De-select items you don't want to import.
- If you want to create duplicate items (by importing items with the same username, password, and URL that already exist in your vault), enable the Select all duplicates setting at the bottom of the list.
- Select Import All.