How do I import passwords from Microsoft Edge password manager?
Import using the web browser extension or from within the LastPass vault
- Log in to LastPass and access the Import page by doing either of the following:
Login method Instructions LastPass web browser extension
- Select in your web browser toolbar, then enter your email address and master password and click Log In.
- Select then go to .
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and enter your email address and master password, then click Log In.
- Select in the left navigation.
Your vault displays the Step 1/3. Where are your passwords now? page.
- Select Edge.
Your vault displays the Step 2/3. Export & upload page.
- Under Upload the exported file to LastPass, choose from the following:
- Drag and drop the file containing the passwords exported from your Edge password manager.
- Select browse your computer. Browse for the Edge export file on your computer, select it and click Open.
Your vault displays the items found in the Edge export file.
Troubleshooting: If incomplete items are detected (entries are missing a username, password, and/or URL), select next to the affected item (under the Data Status column), then enter the missing information and select Save.
- By default, all items are selected for import. If desired, make the following changes:
- De-select items you don't want to import.
- If you want to create duplicate items (by importing items with the same username, password, and URL that already exist in your vault), enable the Select all duplicates setting at the bottom of the list.
- Select Import All.
Autofilling after import
Once imported, you might notice that some websites do not autofill right away. This is because LastPass needs to “see” the website in order to capture the exact username and password fields, as they differ from website to website. When you visit the website for the first time after importing, use the in-field icon to force fill the credentials and log in. It will autofill every time after that.