Invite users or groups to a shared folder
Once you have created a shared folder, invite users or groups, grant access permissions, and restrict access.
Attention: If you encounter an error when using the sharing feature (either sharing individually or using shared folders), you must upgrade to the latest version of the LastPass browser extension (v4.104.0 or newer). Download the latest version of LastPass on your device.
About this task:
User groups are added to shared folders just like individuals; the groups are created in the Admin Console and available in the drop-down list of users when you create or edit a shared folder.
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Vault or Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Sharing Center in the left navigation.
- On the Manage Shared Folders tab, hover over your desired shared folder and select Manage.
- In the Invite Users or Groups field, search for and select each user or group you want to invite (from your account), and they will be listed in the left navigation.
Tip: Alternatively, you can invite other users outside of your account with whom to share your folder (if a policy does not restrict you from doing so).
- In the Permissions section, you can select the settings for the access you want to set for your selected users. Learn more about access permissions.
- If desired, enable the Hide Passwords setting to prevent the user or group from viewing the site password entry. Learn more about hidden passwords.
Warning: In LastPass Families accounts, the "Hide Passwords" feature is not available for shared folder items. This means when you create a shared folder that includes password items, any family member with access to that shared folder can view the password associated with each shared item.
- Once selected, click Invite, and the invited users and groups are added to the list of approved users.
Tip: You can view the "Invite Accepted" column in the right navigation to track when the user or group of users accepts your invitation via the Sharing Center within their own account.
- Click Save when finished.
- Create a shared folder
- Edit users and access for a shared folder
- Grant users or groups access permissions for shared folders
- Restrict user or group access for shared folders
- Remove users or groups from a shared folder
- Share folders with users outside my company account
- Move items to a shared folder
- Delete a shared folder