How do I invite users or groups to a shared folder?
Once you have created a shared folder, invite users or groups, grant access permissions, and restrict access.
User groups are added to shared folders just like individuals; the groups are created in the Admin Console and available in the drop-down list of users when you create or edit a shared folder.
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Sharing Center in the left navigation.
- Hover over your desired shared folder and click Manage.
- In the Invite Users or Groups field, enter the name of each user or group you want to invite, and select each when populated. Otherwise, you can invite other users outside of your account with whom to share your folder (if a policy does not restrict you from doing so).
- If desired, enable the Send Email checkbox to inform the selected users or groups via email that they are invited to access your shared folder.
- In the Permissions section, you can enable the checkbox(es) of the access you want to set for your selected users.
- Once selected, click Invite, and the invited users and groups are added to the list of approved users. Tip: You can view the "Invite Accepted" column in the right navigation to track when the user or group of users accepts your invitation via the Sharing Center within their own account.
- If desired, check the box for the Hide Passwords option to prevent the user or group from viewing the site password entry. Learn more about hidden passwords.
- Click Save when finished.