Link your LastPass Families as a Benefit account
You can link your personal LastPass Families account (or another personal account) to your company's LastPass Business account so you can keep your vault entries all in one place while both accounts remain separate.
Once your personal account is linked, your personal LastPass account is treated as a shared folder within your LastPass Business account, and is subject to the same restrictions and properties therein.
Tip: If Families as a Benefit is not available to you, you can still link your personal account unless policies have been enforced that prohibit you from doing so.
Restriction: If you have a LastPass Teams or LastPass Business account, the ability to perform these actions may be limited or prohibited due to policies enabled by your LastPass admin.
Before you begin: You must activate your LastPass Families account before proceeding.
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- While logged in to your LastPass Business account, click the LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar, then select Vault or Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your LastPass Business email address and master password.
- Select Account Benefits in the left navigation.
- Select Link accounts.
Troubleshooting: If your LastPass Business admin has prohibited this feature via company policy, a message will inform you that personal account linking is not allowed.
- Enter your personal account master password (the same account that you activated), then click Link Accounts.
Result: A confirmation message indicates your personal and business accounts are now linked.
- Select Back to Account Benefits.
Results: Your LastPass Families account (or other personal account) is now linked to your company's LastPass Business account, and the "Account linking" status is set to Linked within the Account Benefits pane.