How do I use passwordless login to log in to my vault?
Once enabled, you can log in to your vault from your desktop using passwordless login by using any of the available authentication methods in the LastPass Authenticator app – a push notification + stored biometrics (face or fingerprint), TOTP code, SMS passcode, or a phone call – instead of entering your master password.
- Log in to LastPass by doing either of the following:
- Select in your web browser toolbar.
- Go to the LastPass login page at https://lastpass.com/?ac=1.
- Enter your email address.
The system recognizes that passwordless login is enabled and removes the master password field.
Troubleshooting: If this is the first time you're accessing your vault using passwordless login from this device, you will be prompted to enter your master password.
- Select Log in with Authenticator.
Result: A push notification is sent to the LastPass Authenticator app app on your mobile device.
- Tap Accept on the authentication prompt (you will have one minute to respond, as indicated by the timer on the screen).
- Verify your identity using stored biometrics (face or fingerprint) in the LastPass Authenticator app.
Troubleshooting: If you are unable to verify using stored biometrics, select Having trouble? then verify using TOTP code, SMS passcode, or a phone call.Remember: Authentication methods will vary depending on how your account is set up and/or policies that are enforced by your LastPass Business admin.