How do I log in to my Mac using LastPass Workstation Login?
Once you have complete the setup of LastPass Workstation Login for Mac, you can use the LastPass Authenticator app's stored biometrics (face or fingerprint) to log in to your macOS user account – no password required!
Please note that if you change your user account password or reboot your Mac, you will be required to log in with your macOS user account and password to authenticate at least once before you are able to log in using the LastPass Authenticator app again.
Log in using a push notification
Your mobile device must be online (connected to the Internet) in order to receive a push notification via the LastPass Authenticator app.
- On your mobile device, open the LastPass Authenticator app.
- On your macOS login screen, select Authenticate with LastPass MFA App.
- On your mobile device, tap Accept when prompted.
- Verify your identity using stored biometrics (face recognition or fingerprint identification, or PIN Code if biometrics aren't available) on the app.
Log in using Touch ID
- Access your Mac login screen.
- Scan your fingerprint on the sensor of the Touch Bar (as indicated by the Touch Bar notification).
Log in using a One Time Password (OTP)
You can log in to your Mac using a One Time Password generated from the LastPass Authenticator app, which is a login method that can be used if your computer is offline.
- On the macOS login screen, click within the Enter Password, OTP, or Use Touch ID field.
- On your mobile device, open the LastPass Authenticator app and locate the One Time Password displayed for your Mac.
- Back on your Mac, enter your One Time Password, then proceed to log in.