Log in to your online web vault for LastPass
If you are unable to install LastPass (i.e., web browser extensions, mobile apps, desktop apps) but need to access your LastPass account, you can log in to your online web vault from your desktop using a web browser instead.
Limitations and considerations
- Using LastPass via the online web vault (website) does not auto-save and/or autofill sites.
- Federated login is not supported via the online web vault (LastPass website) including mobile web browsers. See Federated login experience for LastPass Business users for detailed login instructions using federated login.
Warning: If you are using a public or untrusted computer, we recommend that you Use Temporary (One-Time) Passwords to log in to LastPass instead of the LastPass website. If you do log in to the LastPass website on a public or untrusted computer, be sure to clear the cache of the web browser on which you accessed LastPass before you leave the computer (in order to clear the Recovery One Time Password that was captured from your login session).
About this task: To log in to your online web vault via the LastPass website, do the following:
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1.
- Enter your email address and master password, then click Log In.
- If multifactor authentication is enabled on your account, you will be prompted by your default multifactor option (which can also be changed). Follow the prompts to authenticate, which will vary depending on how multifactor authentication is configured for your account (e.g., face or fingerprint, push notification, TOTP code, SMS passcode, phone call, etc.).
Note: You can also click Additional Multifactor Options (on computer) or tap Use Alternate Multifactor (on mobile) to choose a different method (unless you are part of a company account that has disabled this option). If desired, you can also enable the setting to trust the device for 30 days (unless this option is disabled by your LastPass administrator).
Results: You are now logged in to your online web vault for LastPass.
What to do next: Learn more about managing your LastPass vault.