How do I export my LastPass vault data as a LastPass Encrypted file?
Export your LastPass vault data in the form of an encrypted file, which you can import back in to LastPass at any time.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the inactive (grey or black) LastPass icon .
- Enter your email address and master password, then click Log In.
- If prompted, complete steps for multifactor authentication (if it is enabled on your account).
- Click the LastPass icon in your browser toolbar.
- Select Account Options OR < your username > at the bottom of the menu.
- Go to .
- If prompted, enter your master password. If desired, select Do not re-prompt for and use the drop-down menu to select a time interval.
- Create an encryption key, then confirm it. This key must be at least 12 characters, including 1 number, 1 uppercase letter, and 1 lowercase letter. Warning: This one-time encryption key cannot be recovered if it is forgotten. This key is known only to you, and will be used to securely decrypt your exported data when imported in to LastPass. If you forget your encryption key, you can create a new one by exporting your vault data again.
- Select Continue.
Result: A CSV file containing your data is downloaded.