How do I export stored data from LastPass as a generic CSV file?
You can export the contents of your LastPass vault as a CSV file so that you can keep a secure copy for your own records.
Attention: Currently, there are two different extension menu experiences, so instructions may differ depending on your navigational experience. The "new experience" applies to version 4.104.0 and newer for the LastPass browser extension, whereas the "previous experience" refers to version 4.103.0 and earlier.
Important: These steps can only be performed using the LastPass browser extension.
Note: Are you logged in via the LastPass website instead of the extension? See How do I export my vault data while logged in via the LastPass website? for export instructions.
Restriction: If you have a LastPass Teams or LastPass Business account, the ability to perform these actions may be limited or prohibited due to policies enabled by your LastPass admin.
Restriction: Exporting TOTP codes for password items (i.e., one-time passcodes you generate within your vault) is not supported.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the inactive (grey or black) LastPass icon .
- Enter your email address and master password, then click Log In.
- If prompted, complete steps for multifactor authentication (if it is enabled on your account).
- Click the LastPass icon in your browser toolbar.
- Take the action that matches your navigational experience:
- New experience – Select the Account tab, then go to .
- Previous experience – Select Account Options OR < your username > at the bottom of the menu, then go to .
- If prompted, enter your master password. If desired, select Do not re-prompt for and use the drop-down menu to select a time interval.
- Select Continue.
Result: A CSV file containing your data is downloaded.
Results: You have successfully exported your LastPass vault data in CSV format.
Important: If you decide to make changes to the exported CSV file, you must use lowercase text for all column headers.
If a CSV file is not generated and instead you encounter a message that an email notification was sent for verification, please view instructions that apply to you: