How do I pair the LastPass Authenticator with Workstation Login for Mac as a user?
Once LastPass Workstation Login for Mac has been installed (by you or your admin), you can run the LastPass Workstation Login Agent app to pair the LastPass Authenticator app for authentication.
Note: This feature requires an account with the LastPass Business + Advanced MFA add-on. How do I upgrade my LastPass Business account with an add-on?
Before you begin:
Restriction: This feature might not be available for your account as this is a legacy feature.
- You must have a mobile device with the LastPass Authenticator app app installed and registered to an active account – View activation instructions.
- LastPass Workstation Login for Mac must be installed (either by yourself if you are a local admin or by your admin).
About this task: To pair Workstation Login with the LastPass Authenticator app, do the following:
- On your Mac, locate the LastPass Workstation Login Agent app and open it.
- Click Start setup.
- Enter your LastPass email address, then click Next.
- Enter your macOS user account password (your macOS username is pre-populated for you), then click Next.
- Click Send verification request.
- On your mobile device, open the LastPass Authenticator app and tap or select Accept.
- Verify your identity using stored biometrics or PIN Code on the app.
Troubleshooting: Didn't receive verification request? Please follow these instructions to re-pair your workstation installation and/or LastPass account with the LastPass Authenticator app.
- Return to your Mac and click when prompted.
- When prompted, select either Move to Trash to discard the installer or click Keep, then you are logged out of your macOS user account.
Results: You have successfully paired the LastPass Authenticator app with LastPass Workstation Login for Mac.