Regenerate a key for the Google Authenticator in LastPass
You can regenerate a key for the Google Authenticator to set it up for your LastPass account again if you lost your mobile device, got a new device, or are concerned that the security of your existing key may have been compromised.
Important: This will require you to re-associate the Google Authenticator with your LastPass account.
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Vault or Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Select the Multifactor Options tab.
- Click the Edit icon for the Google Authenticator.
- For the "Regenerate Key" option, click Regenerate.
- Enter your master password, then click Continue.
- Scan the QR Code via the Google Authenticator app on your mobile phone, replace your old account, then select OK.
- Enter the verification code displayed in the Google Authenticator app, then select OK.
- When prompted, click OK.
Results: You regenerated the key for your Google Authenticator app.