Regenerate a key for the Microsoft Authenticator in LastPass
You can regenerate a key for the Microsoft Authenticator to set it up for your LastPass account again if you lost your mobile device or are concerned that the security of your existing key may have been compromised.
Important: This will require you to re-associate the Microsoft Authenticator with your LastPass account.
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Vault or Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Select the Multifactor Options tab.
- Click the Edit icon for Microsoft Authenticator.
- For the "Regenerate Key" option, select Regenerate.
- Enter your master password, then click Continue.
- Scan the QR Code via the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile phone, then select OK.
- Enter the verification code displayed in the Microsoft Authenticator app, then select OK.
- When prompted, click OK.
Results: You regenerated the key for your Microsoft Authenticator app.