How do I reset my master password using mobile account recovery on Android for LastPass?
Once account recovery has been set up on your mobile device, you can reset your master password using your unique fingerprint to restore access to your vault.
- Open the LastPass app, then select Trouble logging in? on the login screen.
- Tap Forgot Master Password.
- Tap Recover Account.
- Tap Recover with Fingerprint.
- Touch the fingerprint sensor on your device (don't press) to scan your fingerprint.
- If prompted, complete steps for multifactor authentication (if it is enabled on your account) and select Next.
- Enter a new master password, then confirm it. If desired, set a password hint (recommended). Tip: We recommend using the following best practices when creating your master password:
- Use a minimum of 12 characters, but the lengthier the better
- Use upper case, lower case, numeric, and special character values
- Make it pronounceable and memorable, but not easily guessed (e.g., a passphrase)
- Make sure that it is unique only to you
- Don't use personal information
- A good example is: Fidoate!my2woolsox
- Select Set Master Password.
- Select Go to Login.
- Enter your username and newly created master password, then select Log In to access your vault.
- Log out of LastPass on every trusted computer and/or mobile device where you have installed LastPass and accessed your LastPass vault. You can check your active sessions for all devices.
- Log back in with your new master password.
Clear the browser cache on all web browsers where you accessed LastPass in order to clear the Recovery One Time Password that was created from accessing the LastPass website.
Generate new temporary, one-time passwords because all OTPs you generated previously are now invalidated and no longer listed due to your vault being re-encrypted from your master password change.