How do I restrict user or group access for shared folders?
If you are the shared folder admin, you can limit access to each site password and secure note per user or group.
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Sharing Center in the left navigation.
- Hover over your desired shared folder and click Manage.
- In the Action column, click the Edit icon next to your desired user, then choose from the following options:
- Select Unavailable Items (Opt-out) – Click and drag items from the "Available Items" column into the "Unavailable Items" column to prevent your user or group from accessing those selected items. If a new item is added to the shared folder, it will become immediately available to all members until you move it to the "Unavailable" column to restrict their access to it.
- Select Available Items (Opt-in) – Check the box to enable the Add Available only (always add new items as Unavailable) option to reverse the columns, then click and drag items from the "Unavailable Items" column to the "Available Items" column to only allow your user or group to access those selected items. If a new item is added to the shared folder, it will immediately be added to the "Unavailable Items" column and your user or group will be unable to access the item until you move it to the "Available Items" column to allow access to it.
- Optional: If desired, check the box to enable the Apply to Other Users option to specify your access permission selections to other users or groups.
- Click Save.
You have restricted user and/or group access for your desired shared folder.