How do I enable the Microsoft Authenticator in LastPass?
Configure your LastPass account to use the Microsoft Authenticator for multifactor authentication.
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Select the Multifactor Options tab.
- Select the Edit icon for Microsoft Authenticator.
- For the Enabled drop-down menu, select Yes.
- For the Permit Offline Access drop-down menu, choose one of the following:
- Select Allow if you want to allow access to LastPass even when you are offline. This will store an encrypted vault locally so you can log in without using multifactor authentication in case of a connectivity issue.
- Select Disallow to prevent offline access, which requires the use of multifactor authentication and to be connected to the Internet when using LastPass.
- For the "Barcode" option, click View.
- When prompted, enter your master password and click Continue.
Result: Your barcode is now displayed, which you can use your mobile device camera to scan and create an entry for your LastPass account.Tip: For the Private Key option, click View if your mobile device does not have a camera and you'd like to enter the private key manually into the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Click Update when finished.
- Enter your master password and click Continue.
- When prompted, enter the verification code displayed in the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile device, then click .