How do I set up and use Touch ID for the LastPass Mac App?
If you have set up and enabled Touch ID for your macOS, you can use Touch ID to unlock your LastPass Mac App and access your vault.
Feature availability may vary depending on your account type.
- Open the LastPass Mac App, then log in with your email address and master password.
- Select the LastPass Mac App in your dock to bring it to the front.
- From the Menu Bar, go to .
- Check the box to enable the Use Touch ID setting.
Troubleshooting: Does your LastPass Preferences window look different? This means you may be viewing the Preferences window of the LastPass for Safari app extension, which does not support the Unlock with Touch ID feature. To access the LastPass Mac App Preferences, locate the "LastPass Password Manager" app on your Mac, then go toagain.
- Click OK to save changes.
- To test this feature, from the Menu Bar, go to .
Result: The LastPass Password Manager Mac App disappears and is now locked.
- In the Menu Bar, click the LastPass Menu Bar icon then select Vault.
Result: You are prompted to unlock LastPass using Touch ID or by entering your master password.
- Scan your fingerprint on the sensor of the Touch Bar (as indicated by the Touch Bar notification).
Result: The LastPass Password Manager Mac App opens and displays your vault.