How do I sign in to my Mac workstation using LastPass Workstation MFA?
As a user, once LastPass Workstation MFA has been set up, you can sign in to your Mac workstation by entering your user account password then authenticating by using the LastPass Authenticator app (or YubiKey via the LastPass Authenticator app) on your mobile device for verification.
- On your workstation, enter your Mac user account password, then proceed to sign in.
Result: You are prompted to authenticate using your mobile device.
- By default, a push notification is sent to via the LastPass Authenticator app on your mobile device. To choose a different authentication method, select the Having trouble? drop-down menu and choose any of the available options (depending on the policies enforced by your LastPass admin):
Authentication Method Instructions Push notification via LastPass Authenticator app (default) Tap Accept when prompted. TOTP (time-based, one-time passcode) LastPass Authenticator app Select Enter passcode, then enter the time-based, one-time passcode (TOTP) provided via the LastPass Authenticator app. Phone call via LastPass Select Call me, then answer the phone call made by the LastPass automated system. Press the # key to verify your authentication.Remember: The phone number you set in your vault's Account Settings is not the phone number used for the Call Me feature. Learn more about the Call Me feature. YubiKey (only via the LastPass Authenticator app) Select YubiKey, then take the applicable action based on your YubiKey device:
Important: Using YubiKey as a standalone authentication method is not supported for Workstation MFA logins; only Yubikey authentication via the LastPass Authenticator app can be used.Remember: The last authentication method that was used will be served by default the next time you log in to your workstation.
- Insert your YubiKey device into the USB port of your computer, then wait until your YubiKey touch-button shines with a steady light and hold your fingertip on the touch-button for one (1) second to authenticate
- Tap Plug it in (if applicable), then plug in your YubiKey (using either the USB-C side for Android or the Lightning side for iOS)
- Hold your YubiKey up to the NFC reader on the back of your mobile device