How do I sign in to my Windows workstation using LastPass Workstation MFA?
As a user, once LastPass Workstation MFA has been set up, you can sign in to your Windows workstation by entering your user account password then authenticating on your mobile device using the LastPass Authenticator (or YubiKey via the LastPass Authenticator) for verification.
- On your workstation, enter your Windows or macOS user account password, then proceed to sign in.
Result: You are prompted for multifactor authentication.
- By default, a push notification is sent to via the LastPass Authenticator on your mobile device. To choose a different authentication method, select the Having trouble? drop-down menu and choose any of the available options (depending on the policies enforced by your LastPass admin):
Authentication Method Instructions Push notification via LastPass Authenticator (default) Tap Accept when prompted. TOTP (time-based, one-time passcode) LastPass Authenticator Select Enter passcode, then enter the time-based, one-time passcode (TOTP) provided via the LastPass Authenticator or YubiKey. Phone call via LastPass Select Call me, then answer the phone call made by the LastPass automated system. Press the # key to verify your authentication.Remember: The phone number you set in your vault's Account Settings is not the phone number used for the Call Me feature. Learn more about the Call Me feature. YubiKey (only via the LastPass Authenticator) Select YubiKey, then take the applicable action based on your YubiKey device:
Important: Using YubiKey as a standalone authentication method is not supported for Workstation MFA logins; only Yubikey authentication via the LastPass Authenticator can be used.Remember: The last authentication method that was used will be served by default the next time you log in to your workstation.
- Insert your YubiKey device into the USB port of your computer, then wait until your YubiKey touch-button shines with a steady light and hold your fingertip on the touch-button for one (1) second to authenticate
- Tap Plug it in (if applicable), then plug in your YubiKey (using either the USB-C side for Android or the Lightning side for iOS)
- Hold your YubiKey up to the NFC reader on the back of your mobile device