How do I transfer a user's stored vault data to another user?
LastPass admins of business accounts have the ability to transfer a user's vault contents to another user in the form of a shared folder. After the data is transferred, the original user account is automatically deleted.
Read carefully before proceeding
Please be aware that transferring a user's vault data to another user will result in deleting the original user's LastPass account entirely. This action cannot be undone.
If your goal is to share content from one user's vault to another, please consider using either of the following alternative options:
- If you are a LastPass admin enabled with the "Permit super admins to access shared folders" policy, and are an administrator of the shared folder you want to share, you can assign the shared folder to another user. Learn how here.
- As a LastPass user, you can use shared folders to share with others from within your vault. Learn how here.
Transferring a user's vault data to another user
- Log in and access the LastPass Admin Console by doing either of the following:
- While logged in to LastPass, click the active LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar, then select Admin Console in the menu.
- Log in at https://lastpass.com/company/#!/dashboard with your admin email address and master password.
- Select Users in the left navigation.
- Select your desired user.
- Click the More Options icon in the upper-right navigation.
- Select Transfer Vault.
Troubleshooting: The Transfer vault option will not be listed if you have more than one user selected.
- Locate the user to whom the account will be transferred, then click Select.
- When prompted, click OK to confirm.
- Enter your master password, then click Submit.
- On the confirmation window, click Close.