Regenerate your QR code and reset key in the LastPass Authenticator app
If you have already set up the LastPass Authenticator app to protect your LastPass account, you can regenerate a QR code and reset the key for the LastPass Authenticator app to set it up for your LastPass account again. This might be useful if you lost your mobile device or are concerned that the security of your existing key may have been compromised. This can also be used as a means to troubleshoot multifactor authentication for your LastPass account, if needed.
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Vault or Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Select the Multifactor Options tab.
- Click the Edit icon for the LastPass Authenticator.
- For the Reset option, select Pair device again.
- When prompted, enter your master password then click Continue.
- Select Enroll.
- Scan the QR Code via the LastPass Authenticator app app on your mobile phone to pair the LastPass Authenticator app with your LastPass account.
- In the Protect your account window, select Activate.
- In the confirmation windows, select .