How do I update LastPass Workstation Login for Windows?
When a new version of LastPass Workstation Login is available for Windows, admins or users can update by first removing the existing version then installing the latest version on their workstations.
Before you begin:
In order to update your version of LastPass Workstation Login to the latest, you must be running Windows 10 or later. View system requirements.
Step #1: Admins are notified that an update is available
Admins receive an email notification from LastPass indicating that a new version of Workstation Login is available, and the new version must be installed within 14 days of receiving the email. For security purposes, after the 14-day grace period, Workstation Login will no longer function until the latest version is installed.
Step #2: Admins download the latest version
- Log in with your email address and master password to access the new Admin Console at https://admin.lastpass.com.
- Go to .
- Click the Windows hyperlink to download and save the WorkstationLoginInstaller.zip file for Windows.
Step #3: Admins take action (if Workstation Login is installed)
Admins who have Workstation Login installed on their machine will need to remove their existing version and install the latest, just as their users will need to do.
- Uninstall the existing version of Workstation Login.
- Reboot the workstation (required).
- Install the latest version of Workstation Login and re-register your machine.
Step #4: Admins deploy the latest version
Once the latest version of Workstation Login has been downloaded, admins can deploy the silent installer using their organization's preferred distribution methods.
Step #5: Admins inform users to take action
It is recommended that admins send out a communication to their users informing them that their existing version of Workstation Login will no longer function after the date specified, and that they must do the following:
- Uninstall their existing version of Workstation Login (or admins who manage their users' applications must uninstall for them).
- Reboot their workstation (required).
- Install the latest version of Workstation Login (installer provided by admin) and re-register their machine.
Update process is complete
The latest version of Workstation Login has now been installed, and admins and users can continue to log in to with workstation by authenticating with the LastPass Authenticator app.