How do I use biometrics in the LastPass app for Android?
Biometrics can be used as a means of authentication when you are using an Android device that supports fingerprint or face recognition for identification. Support for the use of biometrics will vary depending on your device manufacturer and/or the version of Android OS you are running.
Important: This feature does not replace the requirement of entering your master password when logging in to the app to access your vault.
Note: If you have a Pixel 4 device, please see how to set up and use Face Unlock for biometric authentication on that device type.
Use biometrics for logging in to LastPass
You can use biometrics to authenticate when logging in to LastPass.
Before you begin: You must log in to the LastPass app for Android with your email address and master password and enable biometrics in LastPass before you can authenticate using biometrics.
- Open the LastPass app for Android.
- Depending on your device type, do either of the following:
- To use face recognition, glance at your device while holding in portrait orientation.
- To use fingerprint authentication, scan your fingerprint on the sensor.
- Once verified, a successful confirmation message is displayed.
Results: You are now logged in to the LastPass app for Android and accessing your vault.
Use Fingerprint for autofill
- Navigate to an app or website on your device (for which LastPass has stored login info).
- Select Autofill with LastPass within the login field.
- Scan your fingerprint to authenticate.
- Once your fingerprint is accepted, your login credentials will be autofilled, and you can proceed to log in on your app or website.
Settings that prompt for use of biometrics
About this task: The option to use biometrics will appear in the following scenarios:
- When you have enabled the "Re-prompt for Master Password" feature (globally or for specific site entries).
- When you have saved your master password in the app's login page, and are returning back to the app. Additionally, you must tap the Vault Options icon and go to and toggle on the switch for Lock LastPass automatically.
- When you have a company policy that requires a Re-prompt for Master Password (LastPass Business users).
- If you have enabled the Re-prompt for Master Password setting in the App Fill Window.