How do I use passwordless login when my device is offline?
If you are in a location with little to no internet connectivity, or your device is in Airplane Mode, you can still use passwordless login to sign in to your vault and/or workstation in offline mode.
- To log in to your vault in offline mode, you will use your master password.
- To log in to your workstation in offline mode, you will use a time-based One-Time Passcode (TOTP) or a One Time Password generated by the LastPass Authenticator (learn about the differences).
Log in to your vault while offline
Access your LastPass vault using passwordless login in offline mode.
- On your desktop, click the inactive LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar.
- Enter your email address and click Log in with Authenticator (if the password field is not shown).
- Enter your master password and click Log In.
- Select OK on the prompt confirming you are in offline mode.
Log in to your workstation while offline
Workstations can be configured by your LastPass Business admin to allow you to sign in to your workstation (using passwordless login) in offline mode.
Follow the instructions to log in to your workstation in offline mode using a One Time Password: