How do I use the LastPass Safari app extension on my Mac?
Once you have installed the Safari app extension for macOS, you can use it to manage your LastPass vault, including management of all your sites, secure notes, and form fill items.
Use the LastPass Safari app extension
- Install the "LastPass for Safari" app extension. Follow the instructions in How do I install and log in to the LastPass for Safari app extension on my Mac?.
- Once installed, you can use the LastPass Safari app extension just as you would on any web browser, including opening your vault, viewing Recently Used items or All Items, adding a new item, generating a secure password, managing your account settings, and so on.
Use the LastPass vault
You can launch your LastPass vault from the LastPass Safari app extension icon or by clicking the LastPass Menu Bar icon and selecting Open My Vault.
Vault features include:
- Easy navigation between sites, secure notes, and form fill items
- Click the Add icon to add a new site password, secure note, or form fill item.
- Hover over your desired site password, secure note, or form fill item, then choose from the following options:
- Click Launch to launch a site and log in automatically with your stored credentials.
- Click the Edit icon make changes to your password, secure note, or form fill item.
- Click the Share icon to share your site password or secure note.
- In the left navigation, select from any of the following options:
Add a new item to your vault
- Click All Items.
- Click the Add icon .
- Click to select your desired item type.
- Fill in all the information you want to store. Depending on your item type, you can also:
- Click the Favorite icon to mark as a Favorite
- Manage Autologin (site passwords only)
- Manage Autofill (site passwords only)
- Manage Require master password reprompt
- Generate a new password (site passwords only)
- Assign to a folder
- Add attachments (secure notes and form fill items only)
- Click Save when finished.
Edit or delete an item in your vault
- Locate the item you would like to update or remove, then click Edit.
- To edit an item, make your desired changes, then click Save.
- To delete an item, click the Delete icon .
Refresh vault or clear cache
- Open your LastPass vault , then click the File menu.
- To force recently made changes to be manually synced, click Refresh Vault.
- To remove any locally stored files from your active LastPass session, click Clear Cache. It is recommended to clear the cache when using a public computer.
Use the LastPass Menu Bar options
Use the LastPass Menu Bar icon to access the following:
- Quick Search feature (if enabled in your Preferences)
- Open your vault
- Generate a secure password
- Manage your Preferences
- Check for updates for the app
- Log out of your LastPass account
- Quit the app
Use Quick Search and hotkeys
Make your LastPass experience faster by using Quick Search and hotkeys. The vault and Quick Search can be opened in the following ways:
- Click the LastPass Menu Bar icon .
- Use the following hotkeys (these can be changed in your LastPass Preferences): Shift +Command +L (⇧⌘L)
Manage your Preferences
- Click the LastPass icon in your Menu bar.
- Select Preferences.
- Make your desired changes to your General, Notifications, Hotkeys, and/or Advanced settings.
- Click Save when finished.
Log out or quit
- Click the LastPass icon in your Menu Bar.
- Click Log Out to sign out of your current LastPass account, or click Quit LastPass to close the Safari app extension.