How do I Migrate from Google Authenticator to Microsoft Authenticator (Users)?
As a user, if you are currently enabled for using Google Authenticator as your Multifactor Authentication option (but have instead been using Microsoft Authenticator), your LastPass admin may require you to un-enroll from using Google Authenticator and enroll for using Microsoft Authenticator in order to enforce security policies. The required steps will vary, depending on whether you are performing the migration manually while you are logged in to LastPass already, or you are being prompted to set up Microsoft Authenticator upon logging in to LastPass.
Migrating while already logged in to LastPass
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Select the Multifactor Options tab.
- Click the Edit icon next to the Microsoft Authenticator option.
- A message will indicate that this authenticator is forced to be used via a company policy. Click Update.
- Enter your master password and click OK.
- When prompted, enter the verification code for your existing LastPass account in the Microsoft Authenticator, then click OK.
- Click OK on the confirmation message, and your Multifactor Options settings will now display that you are enabled for using Microsoft Authenticator.
Migrating while logging in to LastPass
- In your desktop web browser, log in to LastPass at https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 with your email address and master password.
- When prompted, enter your verification code from your existing LastPass account in the Microsoft Authenticator, then click OK.
- You will be informed that you are required by a company policy to set up Microsoft Authenticator. Enter your master password, then click Begin Enabling Microsoft Authenticator.
- Since you already have your existing LastPass account in the Microsoft Authenticator, no barcode scan is required. Enter the verification code for your existing LastPass account in the authenticator, then click OK. A confirmation window is displayed.
- Log in to LastPass once again, then enter the verification code from your Microsoft Authenticator. If desired, enable the option Trust this computer for 30 days and provide a computer name. Click Authenticate.
- Your LastPass account has now successfully migrated to using the Microsoft Authenticator as your Multifactor Authentication option.