I lost my phone that has the LastPass Authenticator, what should I do?
If your phone is lost or stolen, the LastPass Authenticator offers a self-service option to lock your old device and activate a new device.
- Go to https://identity.lastpass.com.
- Click Having trouble logging in?
- Enter your email address for your LastPass account, then click Next.
Troubleshooting: If passwordless authentication is not enabled, you will encounter a message, "Passwordless policy is not enabled. Contact your administrator."
- Select .Note: Your LastPass account is still protected because it is only accessible through your biometrics.
Result: You are sent a passwordless authentication registration email to pair your LastPass account with your mobile device.
Troubleshooting: If you encounter a message that states, "Please contact your LastPass administrator" then contact your LastPass admin for further assistance in sending you another activation email.
- Check your inbox for an email from LastPass. Warning: Before you proceed, please be aware that you will block access and delete all of your passwordless authentication data from your previous device when you click Start Registration within the email.
- When ready, click Start Registration.
- Select one of the following options:
QR Code Scanner App Instructions LastPass Authenticator
- Open the LastPass Authenticator app.
- On your mobile device, tap in the bottom-right corner to add a new account.
- Using your mobile device's camera, scan the barcode/QR code displayed in your computer's web browser to pair your new mobile device.
Preferred QR Code Scanner App (Android OS only)
- Open your preferred QR Code scanner app on your phone.
- Using your mobile device's camera, scan the barcode/QR code displayed in your computer's web browser.
- In the pop-up window, select LastPass Authenticator to complete the action.
- Select Add account in the pop-up window to pair your LastPass account.