LastPass Admin Toolkit: LastPass Passwordless Login & Workstation Login
Passwordless login is an adaptive authentication feature of the LastPass Authenticator for LastPass Business users that supports using biometrics (face or fingerprint recognition and PIN Code) instead of the master password for authentication. Users of passwordless login can use the LastPass Authenticator to verify their login for their workstations and/or websites that they sign in to and use daily.
Passwordless login is a feature that allows users to utilize stored biometrics (i.e., face or fingerprint) on their mobile device via the LastPass Authenticator instead of manually entering their master password to authenticate. Passwordless login can be leveraged in LastPass when logging in to SSO apps and/or workstations.
- What is passwordless login in LastPass? – View a full overview of passwordless login, including what it is, who can use it, and how it is used.
- Passwordless policies – The following policies are available for LastPass admins to set up in order for users to authenticate using passwordless login (i.e., being prompted for biometric authentication via the LastPass Authenticator app):
End User Resources
- How do I activate passwordless login for SSO apps and workstations? – View step-by-step instructions for downloading the LastPass Authenticator on your mobile device and activating passwordless login.
- How do I manage passwordless login settings in the LastPass Authenticator? – Learn about the authentication settings that you can view and manage within the LastPass Authenticator.
- How do I use passwordless login when my device is offline? – If you are not connected to the Internet (for example, in Airplane Mode), learn how to use the passwordless login while offline.
- Passwordless Login Troubleshooting for Users – View answers to our most frequently asked troubleshooting questions.
Workstation Login for LastPass enables users to log in to their workstations, or work computers, using biometric authentication (face or fingerprint) via the LastPass Authenticator.
- Workstation Login Overview – Learn about what Workstation Login is and the benefits of using it.
- LastPass Workstation Login FAQs – Review a guide of frequently asked questions all about Workstation Login.
- Setting Up Workstation Login for Distribution (Windows) – View step-by-step instructions for preparing Workstation Login as an admin so that you can distribute it to your Windows workstation users.
- Setting Up Workstation Login for Distribution (Mac) – View step-by-step instructions for preparing Workstation Login as an admin so that you can distribute it to your Mac workstation users.
- Setting Up Policies for Workstation Login – The following policies are available for LastPass admins to set up in order for users to utilize Workstation Login:
- What are the differences between Workstation Login and Workstation MFA in LastPass Business? – Follow this article to get a better understanding between the key feature differences.