LastPass Free FAQs
LastPass is your gateway to building a strong foundation for securing and taking control of your digital life. You can use LastPass on an unlimited number of devices for a single device type – using LastPass on either all computers or all mobile devices – and rely on LastPass to sync your vault data to that device type for an unlimited number of devices.
What's included in LastPass Free?
- Access to LastPass on an unlimited number of devices for one type of device – Either Computers (desktops and laptops) or Mobile Devices (iOS or Android phones, tablets, and smart watches). Learn more about these changes
- One-to-one password sharing
- An encrypted vault to store and manage your site passwords, secure notes, and form fill items
- Save and fill site passwords
- Storage with secure notes
- Easy web form filling
- Secure password generator
- Extra security with multifactor authentication, including the use of the LastPass Authenticator
- Basic customer support (including Support Center articles and the LastPass Community) – Learn more
For more information about feature differences for each paid subscription plan, please see LastPass Pricing.
Will I lose any data if I switch to LastPass Free?
No – you will not lose any of your stored data, however, you will no longer be able to use LastPass Premium features – including one-to-many sharing, advanced Multifactor Authentication options, use of LastPass desktop applications, and more. For more information, please see LastPass Premium FAQs.
How do I sign up for a LastPass Free account?
If you don't already have a LastPass account, you can get started by signing up for a free trial at https://lastpass.com/create-account.php. Once your free trial expires, your account will automatically convert to a LastPass Free account.
How do I convert my existing account to a LastPass Free account?
If you cancel your LastPass Premium subscription or allow your LastPass Premium trial to expire, your account will automatically convert to a LastPass Free account.