How do I activate passwordless login for SSO apps and workstations?
Activate passwordless login via the activation email you received from your LastPass Business admin. Once activated, you can sign in to SSO apps and/or workstations using any of the available authentication methods in the LastPass Authenticator – a push notification + stored biometrics (face or fingerprint), TOTP code, SMS passcode, or a phone call – instead of entering your master password.
Step #1: Download the LastPass Authenticator
Step #2: Activate passwordless login
Open the passwordless login activation email on your computer or mobile device, then complete the steps for pairing your account with the LastPass Authenticator.
Continue activation on your computer
- On your computer, open the activation email, then click Activate LastPass MFA.
- On your mobile device, open the LastPass Authenticator.
- Tap Scan QR Code. If prompted, allow the LastPass Authenticator to access your camera.
- Scan the QR code displayed on your computer screen.
Continue activation on your mobile device
- On your mobile device, open the activation email and tap Activate LastPass MFA.
- When redirected, tap or select Pair this phone.
- If prompted, allow device permissions by tapping or selecting Allow for Bluetooth access, location services, device notifications.
Step #3: Set up biometric options in the LastPass Authenticator app
You must set up at least two biometric options (face recognition or fingerprint identification and a PIN Code) in the LastPass Authenticator app.
- Set up the biometric options available for your mobile device:
Device Type & Biometric Options Instructions iOS – Face ID for iPhone X or newer
- Set up Face ID authentication on your iOS device (instructions here).
- Tap Start Face ID test, then follow the prompts to complete the authentication setup.
iOS – Touch ID for iPhone 8 or older devices
- Set up Touch ID authentication on your iOS device (instructions here).
- Tap Start Touch ID test, then follow the prompts to complete the authentication setup.
Android – Face Unlock on supported devices
- Set up Face Unlock for your Android device (instructions here).
- Select Start Face Unlock test, then follow the prompts to complete the authentication setup.
Android – Fingerprint on supported devices
- Set up Fingerprint authentication on your Android device (instructions here).
- Select Start Fingerprint test, then follow the prompts to complete the authentication setup.
- You are prompted to create a PIN Code to use if the biometric sensor is unavailable for authentication.
- Create a new 6-digit PIN Code and enter it on your mobile device screen.
- Re-enter the PIN Code to confirm.
- Sign in to SSO apps and websites that use passwordless login
- Set up and sign in to your Windows or Mac workstation using passwordless login.