Manage Web Browser Extension Preferences
LastPass is both an online service and an extension that runs locally in your web browser to provide service, even if online access to LastPass is unavailable.
You’ll want to set up your local preferences in each web browser you use with LastPass according to the level of security you feel is necessary for that location (e.g. you may want to have a longer idle timeout at home than work). You will also need to make these changes for every user who will be using LastPass (log in as each individual user to adjust the settings). Please note that the options available in Preferences will vary depending on the web browser you are using.
If you have a LastPass Teams or LastPass Business account, the ability to perform these actions may be limited or prohibited due to policies enabled by your LastPass admin.
Once you access your web browser extension Preferences, you can manage your General, Notifications, Hotkeys, Advanced, and Icons settings.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the inactive (grey or black) LastPass icon .
- Enter your email address and master password, then click Log In.
- If prompted, complete steps for multifactor authentication (if it is enabled on your account).
- Click the LastPass icon in your browser toolbar.
- Select Account Options OR < your username > at the bottom of the menu.
- Select Extension Preferences.