How do I manage passwordless login settings in the LastPass Authenticator?
Once you have activated passwordless login and set up biometrics in theLastPass Authenticator app, you can view and manage various passwordless login settings within the app.
View and use Temporary One-Time Passcodes (TOTP)
You can use time-based, Temporary One-Time Passcodes (TOTP) to gain access to SSO apps or websites that are using passwordless login and have been assigned by your LastPass Business admin.
Tap to select your desired "LastPass MFA" account, then look for the "LastPass website, SSO, vault" entry which includes the following information:
- Username or email address associated
- Time-based One-Time Passcode (TOTP)
- Countdown timer until code becomes invalidated (60 seconds)
- Copy the TOTP code
- Favorite by tapping
View and manage One Time Passwords (OTPs) for Workstation Login
You can use a One Time Password to log in to your Windows or Mac workstation via Workstation Login (which uses passwordless login).
- Tap Copy to copy the One Time Password, which is the alphanumeric code below the name of your workstation.
Notice: This alphanumeric One Time Password can be used to log in to your workstation in offline mode (if policies permit you to do so).Learn more about offline mode for Workstation Login.
- Tap Delete Workstation if you no longer have the workstation and/or need to reinstall.
View the activity log for passwordless login
Tap to select your desired account, then select Show activity log to view details of all your recent passwordless login activities, which include:
- Account email address/username
- Accepted or rejected authentication attempts
- Device OS
- Web browser
- How long ago the passwordless login prompt was sent (in hours/minutes format)
Manage app settings
Tap in the top toolbar to manage the settings below.
Configure App Lock settings
Disable then re-enable the for the applicable App Lock settings (options vary depending on your device):
- Face ID/Face Unlock/Biometric sensor – Glance at your device while holding in portrait orientation.
- Touch ID/Fingerprint/Biometric sensor – Touch your device's sensor to scan your fingerprint.
- PIN/Pin Code – Enter a 6-digit pin code, then re-enter it to confirm.
Refresh the app
Swipe down on the device screen to force the app to refresh to fetch new authentication requests.
Tap to select your desired account, then tap Log out to log out of your active session for LastPass on the LastPass Authenticator.
View troubleshooting help
- Help to access the LastPass support site at https://support.lastpass.com.
- View diagnostic Log to create a new log file that can be sent to LastPass for troubleshooting.
- Send a suggestion provides the following options:
- Send suggestion to create a pre-populated email that contains your device information with an open field to provide feedback and send to LastPass.
- Go to LastPass Support to access the LastPass support site at https://support.lastpass.com.
- Help improve Authenticator to send anonymous error reporting data to help improve the LastPass Authenticator app.
- Our commitment to privacy to view a LastPass Blog post about privacy and user experience.