Cybersecurity Awareness Month Toolkit
October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month, (formerly known as National Cyber Security Awareness Month or NCSAM). This is the perfect time to prioritize your business’s cybersecurity goals, and LastPass is just the solution to help you achieve them.
Whether your organization is already using LastPass, or you are planning to implement it soon, we have the tools you need to make your LastPass initiatives a success during Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
With our toolkit, you will have resources to help you increase your organization's engagement and adoption of LastPass, and make a big impact on your community’s cybersecurity. By the end of October, we want you to have taken real, meaningful steps toward a safer, more productive workplace.
Sample Cybersecurity Awareness Month initiatives
Here are just a few of our suggestions of activities and ways to use the Cybersecurity Awareness Month materials, but we encourage you to get creative!
If your business is new to Password Management:
- Invite more employees to your LastPass account. LastPass is not just for IT! Every employee in your workplace can benefit from the convenience and security of LastPass. For more information, see Learn how to add LastPass Business users.
- Use our email templates for new LastPass users to send to employees so they are encouraged to get started and understand the full value of LastPass.
- Provide this LastPass End-User Desk Reference Guide (PDF) to your employees, which is great at explaining the value of LastPass and how to use the web browser extension and vault in a few simple steps.
- Give your employees step-by-step instructions on how to get started as a LastPass Business user.
- Post short messages or online safety tips on internal message boards throughout the month to promote better cybersecurity practices.
- Put passwords to the test with the LastPass Security Score. Consider creating a competition among team members to see who can get the highest scores, and who makes the most improvements in their scores.
- See how we improved LastPass adoption during last year’s Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
- Learn how to run a virtual Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
- Follow our helpful tips and get the latest cybersecurity insights by subscribing to the LastPass blog.
- Encourage your employees to attend the live end user trainings.
If you are a LastPass Business trial user:
- Review our Admin Toolkit. In the "Evaluation" section, Steps #1-3 are valuable for getting the most out of your trial. These steps include videos, security information, and more.
- Our Admin Toolkit's "Awareness" and "Education" sections provide more resources and initiatives to deploy LastPass in your organization.
If you are new to single sign-on:
If you are new to Multifactor Authentication:
If you are representing a university campus:
- Sponsor LastPass on your campus! With turnkey, affordable Internet2 NET+ LastPass packages, all students, faculty, and staff can benefit from a campus-wide deployment of LastPass. Learn more here and get in touch with our team to learn how hundreds of educational institutions are using LastPass.
For more resources, our Admin Toolkit provides:
- Buyer’s Guide to Business Password Management
- Introductory videos and webinars on how to use LastPass
- Our technical whitepaper
- Deployment plans and materials for rolling out LastPass
- And much more!